We realise that the final preparation for external examinations is immensely important, and very personal to each individual.We therefore we will offer students the opportunity to take study leave before an external written examination if they feel this will benefit their preparation.
- Students can use the day before an external examination to study at home; this must be requested by a parent by emailing email@example.com.
- For external examinations in the afternoon a student can choose to prepare at home during the morning; this must be requested by a parent by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once an exam is completed, students should attend the remaining lessons of the day.
During periods of time when a large number of external examinations are taking place, the disruption caused warrants longer periods of examination leave to be implemented, for example during the “summer series” of examination in Y11. During these times the school will publish a list of any specific revision or study sessions that are being offered, however when students are not sitting an external examination, they are NOT REQUIRED to attend school.
Whenever students are attending school, to revise or to sit examinations, they are required to wear full school uniform.
Study leave will not be granted if it would interfere with either:
- an examination;
- a Non-Examined Assessment; or
- a practice (Mock) assessment designed to prepare students for an upcoming external assessment.